Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vamos Comemos!

As if the girls getaway wasn't enough, the topped off with an impromptu dinner at Cabana. I have been to the South Street Seaport location before, but this time was a trip to Austin Street (which I just found out is actually the original one).

It all started with A Brazilian Wax, which was a concoction of rum, passion fruit juice and pineapple juice. It was dee-licious!
Bocadillos (the sampler) which included shrimp fritters (I really liked those) veggie fritters (I wasn't crazy about them), jerk chicken wings (they had an interesting twist to them), and empanadas (I ate it but could have lived without it).

It got serious when my Pollo con Camarones arrived. It was a tower of rice, tostones, chicken, topped with shrimp and surrounded by a moat of gravy. It was accompanied by a small bowl of black beans. Each bite was savory and delicious.




The deal was sealed with the Tres Leches Cake. It was saturated with sweet goodness that melted in my mouth with each bite.

After that, all I can say is mmmmm with pure satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!