Thursday, December 9, 2010

#Reverb10: Party

December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

I have to say Her Journey's 2nd Anniversary Celebration at Ravel Hotel. Of course, I planned every single detail and stressed during the weeks prior, but the actual day of the event was pretty perfect. There were a few snafus that every event presents, but I honestly couldn't have asked for a better turn out.


August 8th was a beautiful day. The atmosphere on the rooftop of Ravel Hotel (Penthouse 808) is absolutely amazing. The day started with a private brunch with the Her Journey team, family and close friends. I had the honor of introducing Suparna Bhasin from She Creates Change as our special guest. During my speech when I thanked everyone for coming and told everyone what to expect from Her Journey, I honestly felt at that moment that I was doing exactly what I wanted to do. I felt passionate and confident. I recognized the growth I'd made from just a year before, and I felt perfectly aligned with my purpose. It was an amazing feeling.

The day continued with a cocktail party open to all Her Journey supporters. The support was ovewhelming (in the best way possible). As the sun set and provided the perfect backdrop for some photos, the day came to a perfect ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!