Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Like Me

A while ago I saw this post on Single Mama NYC's blog about National Like Yourself Day, and I kept saying I was going to do one but never actually did it. Today's #Reverb10 prompt is perfect because it allows me to do the post I've been putting off for so long.

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

I have always been one to go against the grain, whether by choice or not. And I will admit that I used to hate it. Always being the youngest in my class, the last to do everything like getting a bra, my period, driver's license and sweet 16, the only one without a relaxer, among the few lefties, I used to think my life was so hard because I was so different.

I've grown to not only accept my differences but I now love my unique qualities because I know that I am out of the box.
-Passionate- Sometimes my energy is so much that I feel like it's going to burst out of my skin. It is with that passion that I live each day like my life is a never ending adventure.
Fearless-I love those moments when I jump for whatever it is in front of me with no thoughts of consequences.
-Undying determination- I go beyond the point where other people give up because I do not comprehend any option other than accomplishing the task at hand.
-Funny- I crack myself up and others seem to get a kick out of it too.

All of this is what makes me me and gives me my glow. When I'm at my highest, it's contagious. I want to continue to share my overflowing energy with others.

Me, myself and I have our moments where we pick on each other's faults, but when it comes down to it I really do love who I am and wouldn't have it any other way. I know that I am exactly this way because I have a very specific purpose to fulfill in a way that only I can.

What makes you different?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!