Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vamanos Back to Cabana

My cousin likes Cabana so much that it was his birthday request. This time it was back to the South Street Seaport location. We started off just like last time with the Bocadillos (appetizer sampler), and again the Frituras de Camaron (Shrimp fritters) were my fave.

This time I went for the Jamaican Me Crazy, which was pretty much a rum punch. I don't remember the ingredients, but there was a lot of rum because it was making me tipsy. For dinner, I went with the special, which was a pork chop in a tangerine sauce. It was really tasty.

Next time, I think I'll go back to Paella. I miss it, and I found myself looking over at my uncle's plate with a case of the "I want what he has."


Of course, we ended with the Tres Leches Cake. I also tried Banana Zeppoles, but I honestly wasn't a huge fan. I didn't expect the bananas to be such a major part. I did like the banana ice cream though.

Mmmm....another happy experience at Cabana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!