Monday, January 10, 2011

#Reverb10

I'll admit that I got overwhelmed by the holidays, and I am now getting back on track. I fell all the way off with the reverb posts, but I thought about them often. Because I enjoyed doing them so much, I want to catch up on the ones I missed.

December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)
The next step is just that. DOing more. In 2011, Miss Journey will be doing more adventures (and blogging about them, of course), and the Her Journey Girls will be doing more activities together as well.

December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
My car and my new room. Because these are two major things that I worked hard for to secure as my own, they are very special to me and my independence that I continue to develop every day. I'm developing new habits, like making my bed everyday and getting regular car washes to show my appreciation.

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
  • Going to Chicago
  • Meeting Queen Latifah/Common
  • Falling in love with Abaco
  • Getting my New car
  • Celebrating the Her Journey Anniversary
  • Memphis, Mississippi, Minneapolis
  • Discovering She Creates Change
  • S Factor
  • Thanksgiving (boy girl animal place thing)
  • Bloggers Soiree

December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

My partner in crime Tonita Morena definitely offers interesting insight into whatever situation I'm dealing with. Sometimes playing the devil's advocate, sometimes getting exactly what I'm thinking, she helps me see various perspectives.

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
I learned that I often edit, censor and limit myself so that others around me will get me. Going forward, I allow myself to be who I am uncensored, and those who get me are the ones that are on the same page as me.

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
I tried S Factor and I loved it! I want to try so many things! Flying Trapeze is at the top of the list.

December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)
A summer fling healed my heart. It showed me that I could love someone again, and it felt good. Even when it ended unexpectedly, it felt like it served its purpose as a reminder.

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)
Going to the doctor and dealing with my student loans.

December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)
Go for it WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)

2010: Chicago and Abaco; 2011: Atlanta...we'll see...

December 23 – New Name Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)

Bon Qui Qui. Because she says what I wish I could. lol.

December 24 – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
When my whole family came together as a team at the car dealership. It reminded me of the unit that we are. Moving forward, I will continue to cherish that unit, and contribute to it as best as I can.

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you. (Author: Tracey Clark)


December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)
Chicken in the bag!

December 27 – Ordinary Joy Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: BrenĂ© Brown)
Driving. While driving I often find absolute joy from the appreciation of my new car, and from the freedom that the road allows.

December 28 – Achieve What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

Income from Her Journey will certainly make me happy and feel accomplished.

December 29 – Defining Moment Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)

Becoming a part of the She Creates Change Community has really helped me transform.

December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)
My car in a way was a collective gift from my family. I'm also really excited about my gift card to Angelo & Maxie's because it is such a perfect gift for me.

December 31 – Core Story What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Author: Molly O’Neill)
Life is like a big ol' chocolate cake, and I want to taste every bite.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, you're great for finishing this, not becoming a Reject like me. I like how you mentioned making the bed, I realized what a difference it makes- the comfort of and difference of looking at a 'made' bed vs a dissarayed bed. Yea, I made that word up.
    I have some great travel ideas for THIS year, including The Cayman Islands on the invite of a fellow blogger (GASP), Can you spell free lodging?. I think the HJ Girls should plan a trip together. Just a thought to bring it to more than just a job, but a community.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!