Friday, October 22, 2010

Craving a Yummy Cocktail

T.G.I.F. Oy vey!

It has gotten to the point where I lose track of the days and honestly cannot remember what my week consisted of. My body is telling me that I'm tired from something, but without some serious conscious effort I do not know what from. And quite frankly, I'm not willing to use the mental energy to figure it out right now.

Between working at the restaurant, where I'm now training to be a bartender (woop woop!), and networking events, meetings, and other obligations, all usually in the city, my calendar is pretty packed. It has just become the nature of my life at this point that I am most busy during the evenings into the night (or even early morning). My mornings are then dedicated to writing, planning and things of that nature. A day off for me does not mean the same thing as it does for most people. My day off usually involves a to do list of writing assignments and/or errands to catch up on.

The craziest part about it is that I LOVE IT! I sometimes stop and realize, I am living the life I want! That is an AMAZING realization. I have a flexible schedule at my "day job," which allows me to pursue my passion as I please, and in the process I have come across some amazing people and experiences. It is not all peaches and roses. There are times when I come home numbly exhausted from a double shift, or when a clone of myself is the only way I can really be at all of my simultaneous obligations, or when the one, sometimes two, hour travel time from the city seems daunting. However, I have accepted that these are the choices I've made to have the life that I want, and I am OKAY with that. Honestly, I could not imagine it any other way.

With that said, this was one of those weeks when I am tired and honestly don't know why. What I do know is that I am craving a yummy cocktail, and I know exactly which one. It is from Harlem Lanes. I believe it is a Passion Fruit Martini rimmed with brown sugar. I may not remember the details of the drink, but I do remember how I felt when I tasted it and savored each sip. It was fruity, which always sends my mind to a tropical island, and the sweet crunch of the sugar was the bonus that I loved most.

It was such a pleasant surprise because I did not expect such a cocktail at a bowling alley, but it is clear that they take their cocktails seriously. For example, the Yin Yang Martini. Many of us have seen different versions of a Chocolate Martini (which is probably my favorite drink), but THIS one is extra cute. They garnish it with cookie crumbs in the shape of the yin yang.

Next week's agenda includes a friend's birthday outing to FOUR, and I'm so excited because I've wanted to go there for a long time. I plan to try a fun, new cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!