Monday, February 28, 2011

My Love Affair with Five Guys

Five Guys Burgers and Fries that is. What kind of girl do you think I am?

I will say, though, since my first time with Five Guys back in Atlanta, I've been in love with the mouth watering goodness this chain of burger joints offers. My heart flutters whenever I see the sign. So imagine my surprise when I saw a sign that read "Five Guys this way" at LaGuardia Airport. It almost felt like a set up as I followed sign after sign way out of the way from the gate I was supposed to be heading to, but after already making the commitment I couldn't abandon my mission. My mouth was already watering in anticipation. With each sign my craving got stronger and my pace became more urgent until finally there it was, and I swear it was illuminated a little more than the other places in the food court.

Because it has been quite a while since my last time, I have to admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by the topping options like it was my first time all over again. I did manage to order a bacon cheeseburger (which I forgot is actually a double burger) with ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, just how I like it. The first bite took me to a happy place, where I stayed long after the last bite.

After ordering my burger I noticed that they offered breakfast, which I've never seen before. So it was only right that after my flight back home I revisit to grab a bacon egg and cheeseburger for breakfast. It was everything I wanted and more.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!!! Love the post. It just shows your love for Five Guys!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!