Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aaahhhh.....Me Time


I have grown to appreciate and thoroughly enjoy my me time.


Today I treated myself for the excessive hours I've been putting in at work with a massage, which is exactly what I needed, even more than I knew. As she kneaded the knots out of my back, the massage therapist suggested that I get a massage every other week, or at least once a month, especially because of physical toll waitressing takes on the body.


This new dedication to regular pampering got me thinking of my all time favorite massage experiences, and they were too good to not share:


  • Jason Grae of Healing Hands Event Mobile Spa used to give chair massages at happy hours in the city, and I had the extreme pleasure of enjoying his magical touch. In only a matter of minutes, those healing hands sought out and tackled problem spots and maneuvered the muscles for ultimate relaxation. It felt so good, it almost felt wrong.
  • The same can be said for Robert Ballat of Just 1 Touch Massage Therapy, which I experienced at a Pretty Hot Chick luncheon. This is certainly one touch that everyone should experience on a regular basis.
  • The massage from Orange Skye left quite an impression on me. Not only was the massage amazing, but their staff was also very welcoming. I have to try their Choclolate Indulgence Body Treatment.
  • Dashing Diva offers budget friendly chair massages that are always great for a quick fix. With great customer service and a fun atmosphere for time with the girls, I always enjoy my Dashing Diva experience.
  • I just love the idea of SPArties. For groups and individuals, they'll bring the spa to you. Complete with a massage table, candles, and music, they set up everything necessary to create a full spa experience right in your home.
  • Spa Castle will certainly make you feel like royalty. This facility offers pools, saunas, numerous treatments, a food court, and workout space. A personal day may be necessary because the Spa Castle is like a quick getaway that can take the entire day to enjoy.

Now that I can justify regular massages to my overall well-being, here is my To Spa List (which I'm sure will grow quickly):

  • Yelo Spa offers powernaps! Maybe it seems silly to pay to take a nap, but when added onto a massage treatment, it is brilliant!
  • Body by Brooklyn combines the massage and martini. The lounge meets spa. Enough said.
  • Wink Eco Beauty Bar is dedicated to creating a pure experience for both their clients and the environment.
I am now so excited about this that I will certainly make sure to incorporate my massages into my schedule and budget. Is it too much to say that it's more of a necessity than a luxury?

I hope you treat yourself with some me time.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine from MomsLoveIt.com (a discount site for moms) shared this with me: http://25tuesdays.com offers spa deals for $25 every Tuesday. This week they're having a deal EVERY DAY!

    Also, Just1Touch is having their annual "Have You Been Touched" Week Feb 7-13 http://www.just1touch.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!