Sunday, November 7, 2010

BLACK GIRLS ROCK!

I am so overwhelmed with inspiration from the BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Awards show! Starting with Jill Scott rocking a performance of "Golden," there were several moments that gave me chills, including Anika Noni Rose explaining why she rocked and the "Four Women" performance. I imagine that the energy in the room was electrifying. My 13-year-old cousin said that I will be there one day, and it brought tears to my eyes. I too was imagining being a part of something as phenomenal as that. The thought alone excited every cell in my body.

I think of the black girls that rock in my life:

My mom- Anyone who knows me knows how fierce my mother is. Her strength continues to inspire me, and I know that I am who I am largely because of her.

B Smith- She is such a phenomenal woman that wears so many hats gracefully.

Alicia Keys- I love her spirit, her vibe and her dedication to the causes she believes in.

Thinking of all of the Black Girls that Rock in my life, there are so many women that I have met and had the pleasure of working with since starting Her Journey that the list goes on and on.

My heart is full of pride to be a Black Girl that Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!