Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dear Brady Bunch

Dear Brady Bunch,

There once was a time when I wanted to work at Chuck E. Cheese. There was even a time when I did work at a summer camp (because I LOVE the kiddies). However. When I applied for this job the description did not include jumping over your child while balancing a tray of food. Nor did it include teaching your child the manners to not scream over everyone else when ordering (but after watching you do the same, it only makes sense).

Now don't get me wrong, I completely understand the abounding energy that resides within a child's body. I also understand that a child will only do as much as you allow him/her to do. As a once active child, I know for a fact that I NEVER ran around a restaurant (or I would not be alive to write this because my mother would have killed me with her glare alone).

And one last thing, please do not sit there and watch your child rip up napkins, open and empty sugar packets and throw food on the floor. OR let them but I will politely ask you to clean it up before you leave.

So next time please help your kids stay occupied with the crayons and paper we provide. We'll even go as far as to give you extra if necessary.

Signed,
NOT your child's camp counselor

P.S. If your child exhibits any of these behaviors, our photo source also happens to be an interesting article that may help.

Note: These letters ARE based on real life situations.

2 comments:

  1. lol ahh kids are crazy!!! I used to love chuck e cheese!
    Let me know if u want to do a guest blog about your post-college life :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious... spoken like a true note-taker.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!