Monday, November 9, 2009

Motivational Monday!

For today's motivational message, I wanted to share something I read Hill Harper's Letters to a Young Sister that stuck with me. In sharing a lesson that he learned from his pastor, he writes, "...if you're simply going through something and not using it as an opportunity to grow and learn, then you spend your life going through things." With that, he makes the distinction between going through and "growing through" something.

I just love how such a seemingly minor change in a word made such a drastic difference in the interpretation. It certainly shifted my perspective on difficult situations, and I hope it does the same for you.

And I'll leave you with this quote that I've fallen in love with:
"Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way."
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!