Monday, September 26, 2011

The Grass is Actually Greener on My Side



I've had an issue with the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" for a while now. What I've learned is that the grass may seem greener, but oftentimes it's not as it seems. Other people's lives and situations may look better from the outside but it is not always as visible how much hard work is put into it; Or, on the other side, how far the reality could be from the superficial appearance: i.e. the "glamorous" high paying job that requires 80+ hours a week, stifles one's freedom, or compromises one's integrity and/or purpose; or the "perfect" marriage that is hiding a dysfunctional or even abusive relationship.

I've decided that the grass is actually greener on my side. Or at least that's how I see it. I choose to accept what I have is just what I need and appreciate it. Yes I may be inspired by the example of others and can work towards other things, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!