Monday, January 11, 2010

Motivational Monday! A New Journey

It’s a new year, and I am oh-so-excited about this new phase of my journey. I don’t really do resolutions, but I do have some goals for this upcoming year. Even though I haven’t written out my list yet, I will definitely be talking about my goals and, more importantly, the steps I’m taking towards those goals as the year goes on.


As you all already know, I LOVE Mondays. Every Monday feels like New Years Day to me: another opportunity to start fresh, and a whole week ahead of me filled with unlimited possibilities. Still bursting with that new year excitement, I’m feeling especially motivated and I want to share some motivation with you.

For me, one of the greatest motivators is positive feedback. During the Best of 2009 Blog challenge, one of the Her Journey team members wrote an entry that really touched my heart and reminded me that what I do every day is not in vain, and that motivated me to do even MORE and be even GREATER in 2010:

December 20 New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

Hmmmm..... My unsung hero will have to be Danielle “Miss Journey”. She has pushed me, in her sweet suggestive way, to open up and direct my talents in productive ventures while I'm still waiting to land an internship in my preferred field. She is a mature and driven 23 year old with a vision and a drive taking risks that most people are just scared to take. Some people are just all talk and no action, but Danielle turns hypotheticals into reality. I know that this is just the beginning for Her Journey and Danielle's blossoming career.

I also got an extra dose of motivation from the Motivation Mama’s post on the Her Journey blog today. “…Never practice positive thinking without the positive action of application…” Check out the rest of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!