Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why I Do This

Someone please tell me that I’m not the only one who falls asleep watching either Food Network or the Travel Channel almost every night. (Side note: I realized that food shows are mildly torturous because you are unable to share the experience with the two very important senses necessary to appreciate food: taste and smell, but I digress.)


I remember back when all Rachael Ray really said was “mmmmmm” on $40 a Day, and now she has her own empire, with a talk show, magazine, cookbook and other shows under her belt. I am always inspired by Top Chef, excited by Duff on Ace of Cakes, salivate at Guy’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, a little grossed out but intrigued by Andrew Zimmern and his bizarre food choices, held in suspense by Bobby Flay’s Throwdown, and somehow drawn into Adam's indulgences on Man vs. Food. The Best Thing I Ever Ate is my new favorite show. Various food experts discuss their life changing experiences with a specific type of food. It’s great! I admire all of these people for not only doing that they love but getting paid to do so, as we sit home and watch their every step.


So why can’t I do the same thing? I CAN! I may not have a cable channel team following me around, but I definitely have the passion for food and travel. All who know me know how much I savor and thoroughly enjoy each and every dining experience. They also know to expect that, at any time, I may happen to be in another time zone. Food and travel are the things and make my world go ‘round. They make me happy, and I want to continue to share them with you.



Here are a few clips for you to enjoy:


The chef’s reaction to Bobby’s Flay is one of a true Jamaican. LOL.


Mr. President fires up the grill


This is why I want Charm City Cakes to make me a cake:


I want one of these next year:



My mouth is watering already....mmmmm....:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!