Sunday, March 20, 2011

Get Cute Quick: My Fave Things


Thanks to On The Lookout NYC, I was invited to the launch of Pink Nouveau Mondays at Haven Lounge. Although I am not a beauty professional, I was inspired by all the glam to step by own beauty game up a notch. I absolutely loved my makeup makeover (thanks to Nachalia). My eyes (pictured above) looked bolder and sexier than when I do it myself. My goal now is to recreate it.

It's been a little while since I've done a Get Cute Quick post. So I've decided to do one dedicated to my favorite cosmetics of the moment:

Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit- Because my eyebrows are not as full as I would like, I've learned to accentuate them with a brow brush. Using a brown powder allows it to look natural and not as harsh as a black pencil would.

Motives Luxe Precision Eye Line- What I love about it is not just its precision and boldness, but it dries so quickly that I don't have to worry about smudging it when applying my eyeshadow. I have recently realized how much I really like how my eyes look when the lower lid is lined. I haven't quite perfected it or found the right pencil, but it will soon be part of the Get Cute Quick process, especially for special occasions.

Motives Pressed Eye Shadows- I do not wear any of these consistently yet, but I have loved every one that I've tried. They have such bold, rich colors. The shimmers are my favorites.

Avon's SuperSHOCK Mascara- As one who was not born with bountiful lashes, I can truly appreciate any mascara that makes them look that way. I swear that my eyelashes transform a little every time I apply this. What I love most about is the applicator is made of a hard plastic (I believe) with evenly spaced bristles that force lashes to stand at attention in a neat formation. So there are no deformed bristles that cause clumping.

Sephora Collection Fresh Gloss- I fell in love with this lip gloss ever since trying the sample set I got as my free Sephora birthday gift. It gives gloss without being too thick or sticky.

Equipped with these, I can get cute quick for any occasion.

  • What are your favorite products?
  • I'm actually on the search for a lightweight foundation, preferably powder, for a finished look. Any recommendations?

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say!